Brookfield Properties Retail Group has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant - Corporate Accounting at the corporate office in Chicago, IL.
Brookfield Properties Retail Group is a retail real estate company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and owned by affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management. Our regional shopping centers are destinations for retail, lifestyle, dining, entertainment and so much more. Our extensive portfolio of properties spans the nation, encompassing 163 locations across 42 states and representing over 146 million square feet of retail space. All of our properties are strategically located in regional and coastal areas that constitute the "heart" of America.
Our passionate team is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving and innovating to meet the needs of our communities. Our company culture celebrates collaboration, encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and values diversity. We are very proud to have a team of premier talent who are in it to win it. We invite you to be part of our success story.
The Senior Accountant for Corporate Accountingmaintains financial control systems through prompt, accurate and comprehensive recording of corporate expenditures and various public stock transactions. This role ensures that corporate policies/procedures are being followed and are in accordance with GAAP and management authorization and prepares reports and analyses with concise, timely and accurate information.
- Keep knowledgeable and up-to-date on current and proposed accounting matters to identify concerns and opportunities for the Company and communicate these to management
- Review financial and accounting policies and procedures for compliance with GAAP. Perform special studies to identify profit opportunities and improve presentation of financial information
- Prepare various analyses of project financial performance as requested by management
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Work with finance department and outside stock agent to properly record stock and warrant activity
- Maintain and recommend procedures and policies to improve the efficiency, accuracy and completion of financial reports on a timely basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree, CPA or MBA preferred
- 3 years of experience in arelated field
- Current understanding of GAAP, FASB and other sources of authoritative accounting knowledge.
- Ability to interpret its application in ambiguous situations including those associated with options and stock transactions
- Computer literacy with strong knowledge of Excel, JDE ledger experience or other similar ERP systems
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical skills
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.