Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
Banner Telehealth provides telehealth services to more than 3,400 providers across primary care and most major medical specialties, including specialists from Banner MD Anderson Cancer Centers and Banner – University institutes like Banner Alzheimer’s Institute. Banner Telehealth focuses on providing cross-continuum teleservices including remote monitoring of patients throughout the Banner system, including individuals in their homes. This investment in technology, people, and processes to improve patient access and outcomes provides yet another example of how Banner is a national leader in healthcare.
Responsible for coordination with computer, phones, people, placement of patients from hospitals to psych facilities for ongoing treatment. If you enjoy every day being different in a good way, with a fun team of go-getters that enjoys working together, this is the position for you!!
This position is **full-time, 36 hr wk., varied shift, located at Banner Behavioral Health, 7575 E. Earll Dr., Scottsdale.**
Banner Health leverages telehealth technology to improve patient care and support the rapid changes within the health care environment. Regardless of patient location, The Banner telehealth team responds to requests for help from bedside care teams, monitors for adverse trends and intervenes before adverse trends become adverse outcomes, monitors and supports "best practice" compliance and measures clinical outcomes.
This position is responsible for coordinating logistics for all patient transfer operations. Provides ongoing support to Clinical Referral Specialist, internal and external stakeholders by ensuring ordered equipment and services are provided in accordance with orders and schedules provided. Serves as a liaison between both internal and external customers. Manages data as related to operations.
1. Interpret and execute transfer requests to determine equipment and services required for a safe and smooth patient transfer. Organize and deliver all clinical services as directed by clinical referral specialist. Determines if best to use external or internal resources based on factors which include cost, urgency, etc. Acts as an integral member of the centralized transfer center for patient transfers throughout the continuum.
2. Compile and prepare documentation related to appropriate sequence of events so as to provide quality transfers efficiently. Coordinates with internal personnel and external agencies to address continual demand for patient transfer and maintains list of anticipated needs and projected resources in a complex environment. Receives, verifies, and provides ongoing follow-up requests and referrals/orders. Assists in gaining insurance authorization and gathers all information necessary for registration in receiving facility, including bed request documentation.
3. Enters, maintains, and archives data in computer files for departments as required using multiple software platforms. Builds referrals using information in patient medical record to provide minimum data necessary to coordinate patient services.
4. Identifies, resolves and communicates real and potential problems and information to appropriate leadership members. Prioritizes safe utilization of resources.
5. Creates and distributes individualized ad-hoc reports upon request.
6. May supervise staff depending on work assignment.
7. Facility based position with hospital-wide impact on patient throughput. Efficiently balances requests with available resources under tight deadlines and conflicting priorities.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
The position also requires skills and abilities typically gained with 2-4 years of experience in a healthcare office or hospital operations setting, and/or educational background. Must have medical terminology, excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and critical thinking skills. Must have the ability to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines while working on a variety of projects/demands.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software and equipment.
Associate Degree preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health complies with applicable federal and state laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability