Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Opportunity | Senior Buyer
CW's Engineered Pump Division (EPD) is searching for a Senior Buyer based in Bethlehem, PA.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the EPD Sourcing organization by purchasing highly technical complex and/or high value materials, supplies or services. The senior buyer will coordinate purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Process purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers. The senior buyer monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned orders to negotiate highest quality at best value. This position may eventually provide work leadership for other Sourcing team members.
- Evaluate bids, select and recommend suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality, service and terms and conditions
- Read/understand Purchase Orders and Terms and Conditions
- Read/understand published pricing indices and learning curves
- Manage supplier performance and follow up on all awards until completion of orders
- Negotiate and settle with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, returns of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes
- Conduct supplier visits and rate them as to production capability, performance and delivery
- Comply with corporate policies, procedures and underlying Federal, State and or Local regulations concerning the purchase or shipments of goods, materials and services
- Experience with Oracle ERP System
- Excellent written and verbal skills with suppliers and customers (internal and external)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Suppliers/Customers/Auditors
- Teach/mentor other Sourcing team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain , Business Management or Engineering
- 5-7 years of related Sourcing experience, preferably in commodities with rigorous quality requirements
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, purchasing techniques and cost structure
- Previous government procurement experience and knowledge of FARs/DFARs is highly desirable
- CPSM or APICS certification is a plus
- US citizen and able to obtain DOD clearance
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build customer relationships
- Ability to think on your feet and make quality decisions
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.