The Data Scientist will drive machine learning on our sensor-originated time-series data for open-ended discovery as well as targeted new model development for high-impact use-cases. The person in this interdisciplinary role will collaborate on teams spanning Data Science, Data Platform engineering, Business Intelligence, Clinical Research and core R&D. This position will significantly contribute to the development of innovative and disruptive global big data analytics capabilities, while uncovering new ways to use data to better the lives of patients and improve diabetes outcomes.
Dexcom is aggressively building out its Data Science team and is looking for the best and brightest subject-matter experts within diabetes specifically and across analytical techniques. If you bring a deep focus and passion for a particular specialization within analytics (e.g., text or sentiment analytics, network/graph analytics, time series modeling, etc.), or if you are passionate about applying your knowledge of bioinformatics and chronic disease management to glucose data, we would love to talk to you!
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes .
- Use techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modeling to build knowledge of glucose behavior.
- Work directly with partners in R&D to execute advanced forms of analytics on diabetes-centric and other Dexcom data.
- Work with the academic and business community to develop new methods and to contribute to research in the area of advanced analytics on continuous glucose data.
- Generate new platform requirements for the Dexcom data engineering group to enhance the analytics capabilities of the platform.
- Assist in requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation to ensure professional relationship management.
- Develop data products in a cross functional and agile environment.
- A proven passion for generating insights from data, with a strong familiarity with the higher-level trends in data growth, open-source platforms, and public data sets.
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods generally, and particularly in the areas of machine learning.
- Experience with open-source statistical languages and packages including R, python libraries pandas, numpy, scipy, sklearn, or MLLib.
- Experience working with cloud databases and/or distributed computing platforms, and their query interfaces, such as SQL, Hive, Spark, Google Cloud BigQuery or Dataproc.
- Knowledge of high level programming languages such as Python or Java and source control tools such as github.
- Familiarity with visualization software and techniques (including Jupyter Notebook, Google Cloud Datalab).
- A strong business-orientation, able to select the appropriate complex quantitative methodologies in response to specific business goals
- A team player, capable of conducting independent research, who is excited by and motivated by hard technical challenges
- Results-driven, self-motivated, self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key take-aways
- Ability to travel as-needed to meet with customers
- Experience working hands-on with large-scale data sets in a cloud environment.
- Experience implementing algorithms for classification, regression, sampling, matrix decomposition and graph factorization in production software.
- Experience in high level programming languages, including Python, Java, or Scala.
- List of published papers in graduate field of training or expertise.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. or Masters) in an analytical or technical field (e.g. bioinformatics, applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science)
- Ph.D. preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.