Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
If you like adding immense value and seeing the direct impact of your work, this role is for you. As a Sr. Director, HR Business Partner, you will work closely with all levels throughout our Go to Market organization. Youll be a champion of Twilios culture and values, while partnering on the strategy and execution of people related programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow. Were looking for an exceptional person to take on this role as part of an exceptional team. Reporting to the Global Head of Business Partners and Chief of Staff, this role is located in our San Francisco office.
You will work to align business objectives with employees and management across functions and in all geographies. You will serve as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. At Twilio, this role acts as employee champion and change agent. This position will work cross-functionally and collaboratively to assess, anticipate and solve HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, you will seek to develop integrated solutions that bring out the best in our people while delivering tangible business results.
- Minimum 15+ years experience in a high-growth environment, preferably in SaaS or related software industry.
- Proven ability to attract, develop, engage and retain a high performing team.
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, talent development, federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to influence in a demanding and high-performing work environment.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships at all levels within the organization to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex global business issues.
- Experience working in an Enterprise Sales environment is a plus.
- Understand the organizations current state, future state, gaps and priorities to support exceeding business goals.
- People partner to the departments you support to provide expertise and execute on programs in the following areas: employee relations, organizational design, performance acceleration, coaching, compensation and rewards, talent development and recognition programs
- Provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People Team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, performance feedback).
- Partner with HR SMEs and business to design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Twilions.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit org design, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Ensure all we do aligns with the Twilio culture, making for an overall great employee experience.
This position will be located in one of our beautiful SF offices. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, IoT and video capabilities directly into their software applications. At the core of these capabilities is talent,
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.