Job ID :
US - Virginia - Middletown
- Forecast revenue, and expenses of the operations based on demand planning, factory scheduling and factory output. Identify associated risks and opportunities. Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast reporting.
- Participate in the creation of annual budgeting and strategic plan process.
- Manage the development of standards and overhead rates and material and labor cost assumptions. Manage budgets throughout the year, ensuring variances are promptly analyzed and reported. Work closely with Industrial Engineering to conduct time studies and monitor set up times, run times and downtime.
- Be an active partner with the Business Development team, providing strong support through timely quoting of new business opportunities and new product introductions.
- Analyze equipment and facility investments, work with operations to understand capacity, efficiency and utilization.
- Drive the costing process to continually identify and review routing changes, assess costing lot sizes, setup times, DL hours, machine time, absorption, MUV, rework and implement changes as needed.
- Perform various other projects and activities as required.
- 5 years of FP&A work experience in manufacturing, with at least 2 years in costing.
- Broad knowledge of accounting, costing and business operations.
- B.S. degree in finance or accounting
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationships with representatives at all levels within the business unit, as well as internal management. Strong team player.
- Effective time management and organization skills to handle a variety of activities simultaneously
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities. Recognize non-routine problems that occur in a highly complex and changing production environment, and ability to anticipate future problems.
- PC literacy including MS Office, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to use logic, solve problems and use ERP system (SAP) to track history to resolve discrepancies.
- Strong financial acumen, and good overall business understanding
- Goal oriented with passion, drive, a commitment to excellence and a can-do spirit
- Fluent English, with strong verbal and written language skills, as well as strong presentation skills to internal and external groups
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply Now >>