Want to work at a tech company where your contribution saves lives? Are you looking for a work-life balance, and the opportunity to work with smart people?
Meteorcomm is a growing global telecommunications company that provides data solutions for the railroad industry. We’re not a start-up, and not a Fortune 500 company. Basically, we offer the best of both worlds! Our team is friendly, and there’s lots of longevity (we invest in our employees). Hey, you can even bring your dog to work. Also, we don’t want you to spend your life in the car, so we are a great commute from downtown or anywhere south of Bellevue or north of Tacoma. If this sounds interesting to you, then let’s talk.
In this new role, you will be responsible for software development activities for the Positive Train Control (PTC) Communication System (“the communication system”). Within an Agile/Scrum development environment, design, develop, test, and maintain software for radio communication networks and the peripheral devices used in these networks. Primarily this involves firmware embedded in MCC radio products and peripherals but could also include desktop computer applications for test or production support or for customer network applications.
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
• Over 5 years of experience in embedded software development.
• Ability to develop embedded software using C. C++ knowledge is a plus
• Familiarity with ARM processor platform (Cortex M3/M4/M7/R5) or similar embedded processors.
• Experience with real time operating systems (FreeRTOS, etc.).
• Familiarity with embedded Linux development.
• Ability to work as a team member within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Well versed in all monitoring and diagnostic tools necessary for software development.
• Have a strong ability to create and apply methods to trap and analyze firmware and hardware defects.
• Understanding of communication network architectures and their implementation in software.
• Comfortable using basic hardware debugging tools such as Oscilloscopes or Logic Analyzers.
• Familiarity with wireless communications systems.
• Experience with protocol stacks (such as TCP/IP).
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with developing in a Windows environment.
• Experience with development for software safety.
• Familiarity with network security practices
We are an E-Verify Employer
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability