Senior Interior Designer (468)
Y en_US 468 0 false 0 job_listing
Req Id 468 - Posted 05/07/2019 - SmithGroup, Inc. - Interior Design - Washington, DC
With 13 offices across the U.S. and China, there??s a lot of opportunity waiting to be discovered and it looks like you??ve found one that interests you! We believe in fostering an environment of career growth and encourage you to look for that next step, whether it be in your own office or in another office.
The Washington, DC office is looking for a Senior Interior Designer to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
* Create and develop interior design concepts and presentations primarily for higher education projects and clients.
* Manage the interior design process for an entire project consistent with project??s program, budget and time constraint
* Lead/direct the work of other interior designers and technical staff.
* Develop materials palettes and provide specifications for materials chosen
* Consult with manufacturers, research and evaluate FF&E materials and products.
* Coordinate with in-house design team, necessary estimators, MEP or other specialty consultants or subcontractors.
* Mentor junior staff and participate in performance coaching.
* Participate in the recruitment and interviewing process as requested.
An ideal candidate has:
* Registration as a licensed architect or interior designer; LEED AP preferred.
* At least 10 years of relevant project experience
* Demonstrated effectiveness and commitment to working in a team-based setting, delivering high client service and technical competence.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to earn the respect of clients, team members, direct reports and others external to the firm
* Has a proven history of developing interior projects from initial programming and space planning through construction administration and completion.
* Has current knowledge of the furnishings industry with the ability to select, budget and specify.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign programs.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.