Are you looking to make a difference in a patients life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
The Senior Medical Collections Specialist will be responsible for various reimbursement functions, including but not limited to accurate and timely claim submission, claim status, collection activity, appeals, payment posting, and/or refunds, until accounts receivable issues are properly resolved.
- Collects and reviews all patient insurance information needed to complete the billing, collections, appeal, and/or cash processes.
- Completes and submits all necessary insurance forms and electronic claims to process the claims in a timely manner as required by all third party payors. Researches and resolves any electronic claim denials.
- Effectively utilizes various means for collections, including but not limited to phone, fax, mail, and online methods.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers; resolves any customer requests in a timely and accurate manner; escalates complaints accordingly.
- Maintains frequent phone contact with provider representatives, third party customer service representatives, pharmacy staff, and case managers.
- Independently analyzes, reports, and communicates any reimbursement trends/delays (e.g. billing denials, claim denials, pricing errors, payments, etc.).
- Processes any necessary insurance/patient correspondence.
- Provides all necessary documentation required to expedite payments. This includes demographic, authorization/referrals, National Provider Identification (NPI) number, and referring physicians.
- Coordinates with inter-departmental associates to obtain appropriate medical records as they relate to the reimbursement process.
- Provides training and support to inter-departmental associates.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.