Qorvo is an E-Verify employer.
Site: TX - Richardson (Campbell Rd)
Business Title: Sr. MMIC Design Engineer
Shift: Normal Day
The position is for a design engineer responsible for the development of innovative, leading-edge GaN and GaAs-based RF/Microwave products supporting IDPs High Power Solutions business unit growth objectives. This will involve design and development of MMIC-based RF/Microwave products using advanced GaN and/or GaAs technologies. Additionally, depending on experience level, a significant portion of time could be involved in mentoring other team members and contributing new and innovative design ideas. You will be a key member of an integrated product development team, including marketing, program management, mechanical engineering, product engineering, package engineering, test engineering, applications engineering, manufacturing, operations, quality and reliability, and senior management.
- Technical lead role for MMIC-based product development
- Guide product development through critical stages including concept/feasibility, development, preproduction, qualification, and production
- RF circuit design using linear and nonlinear models and 2.5D and 3D electromagnetic simulators
- RF test board design, test and characterization, and data analysis
- Senior design engineers will mentor team members in design concepts and best practices
- Required design experience: Microwave/Millimeter-wave power amplifier, power transistor, driver amplifier, switch, low noise amplifier, phase shifter, or attenuator MMICs and/or hybrid-based components and multi-chip transmit/receive modules
- Specific experience in advanced compound semiconductor technology such as GaN and/or GaAs required
- Expert understanding of FET behavioral characteristics
- Proficient using microwave and EM simulation tools such as ADS, MWO, SONNET, Axiem, HFSS, or Momentum
- Expert understanding of microwave measurements and calibration methods: S-parameters, power, efficiency, source/load pull, noise figure, linearity and intermodulation distortion
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to summarize concisely highly technical concepts and propose major design recommendations
- Experience level: BSEE with 10 yrs experience, MSEE with 5-7 yrs experience, or PhD with RF/Microwave device, circuit or system concentration plus 2-5 yrs experience
- Must be able to obtain DoD secret clearance
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO:
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
Experience Level Individual Contributor Job Type Full Time Location TX - Richardson