We are looking for a passionate mobile app developer to help shape and deliver the next evolution of the Joule app. You have built complex apps for iOS and Android using cross-platform frameworks like Cordova or React Native. You preferably have experience building fully native apps. You play nicely with designers and care about implementing pixel-perfect, intuitive, jank-free interfaces. You might be the right fit if you love food, are self-directed, enjoy refactoring, and are experienced enough to know how and when to ship.
- You have a demonstrable track record of building sophisticated, highly interactive applications.
- You write elegant, reusable, well-tested code and can strike the right balance between writing perfect code and shipping it rapidly and iteratively.
- You are able to design and implement large projects in a self-directed fashion.
- You quickly assimilate whatever technologies are needed for a project.
- When given a goal, you eliminate obstacles and deliver a product that is better than originally envisioned.
React, Redux, React Native, Objective-C, Java, CoffeeScript, AngularJS, Cordova, Ionic, experience with connected devices
A Little About ChefSteps
ChefSteps is a well-funded and rapidly growing start-up that works at the intersection of culinary education, entertainment, and technology. Our team include chefs, filmmakers, writers, designers, makers, software developers, mathematicians, electromechanical engineers, and a growing number of other highly talented people with a passion for getting things done and having fun along the way. Most of us work from our 4000 square foot kitchen studio and workspace in Seattle's Pike Place Market.
We hire people who are generalists, but also exhibit deep subject expertise. We're always interested in people with original ideas, but we hire people who also recognize the importance of collaboration to turn great ideas into great products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.