**All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:**
+ Up to $10K Sign On Bonus
+ Benefits from Day One
+ Paid Days Off from Day One
+ Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
+ Career Development
**Our promise to you:**
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that **together** we are even better.
**Schedule:** Full Time
**Location:** 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
**The community you’ll be caring for:** _AdventHealth Heart of Florida_
+ AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a licensed 193-bed acute care hospital, coupled with outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
+ As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
+ High-quality care that has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association.
+ Located in Davenport, FL., which is close to major destinations, like Busch Gardens, Legoland, and Walt Disney World, without being located in the central hub of tourism.
**The role you’ll contribute:**
The Nurse Manager (NM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The NM is directly responsible to the Director of Nursing (DON) or Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and is responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The NM is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The NM is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The NM assures quality of care is delivered for our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. The NM is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and is responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo. The NM actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
**The value you’ll bring to the team:**
1. **Human Resource Management** – Monitors performance of the staff and takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to:
+ Selects applicant for interview and hire and assures appropriate orientation.
+ Suspend or invoke other discipline for work infractions, performance deficiencies and conduct violations by exercising supervisory authority.
+ The adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns, and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, hours of work overtime scheduling, and other work-related matters.
1. Creates a work environment that addresses the physical and emotional needs of the staff and one that is conducive to retention of the staff.
1. **Financial Management –** Understands health care economics, public policy, and finance as it pertains to the delivery of patient care.
1. Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
2. Develops, analyzes, and interprets unit-department based budgeting. Maintains staffing and scheduling, and resource utilization within budgeted targets for the unit.
3. Is involved in capital budgeting; may be required to produce a cost benefit analysis to justify requested equipment.
2. **Performance Improvement** – Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
1. Champions performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
2. Is actively involved in all aspects of patient safety on the unit including but not limited to: sentinel event monitoring and reporting, root cause analysis, DNV (regulatory agency) requirements, incident reporting, medication safety policies and procedures.
3. Sets quality standards and initiatives for the department through collaboration with leadership and implementation of evidence based practice where appropriate.
3. **Critical Thinking/Technology –** Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Demonstrates and understanding of technology utilized in the organization.
1. Plans, organizes and leads the unit through application of critical thinking skills
2. Is able to utilize critical thinking skills in persuading others
3. Assures resources and talent are available to support staff in utilization of the supply and medication management systems of the unit
4. **Leadership and Clinical Practice Knowledge** – Provides leadership for the effective and efficient operation of assigned unit. Assures clinical practice is of the highest quality.
1. Leads the employees in a manner which develops the employee to their optimal level of performance
2. Mentors ANMs and high potential employees
3. Plans for delivery of care to the patient and evaluates the outcomes of care delivered in relation to clinical effectiveness
4. Ensures that the patient experience is the focus of all services
5. Is culturally competent and assures that staff is able to deliver culturally competent care
6. Utilizes evidence based practice as a foundation for patient care delivery. Fosters shared decision making based on evidence based practice.
7. Holds self and staff accountable for delivery of care and resulting patient outcomes.
5. **Communication and Relationship Building** – Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit
1. Utilizes active listening, feedback, inquiry, and validation in communicating with others in relation to meeting the goals of the unit.
2. Understands the functions of a group process. Is able to facilitate effective groups for the delivery of nursing care and for collaboration with other disciplines.
3. Promotes, nurtures, and maintains interdisciplinary relationships in order to assure patient-focused care and better patient outcomes
6. **Professionalism** – Demonstrates a professional persona in their work
1. Acts as a role model for professional behavior and professional appearance.
2. Maintains the confidentiality of employees, patients, administration, and medical staff information with no infractions.
3. Attends mandatory in-services and is a member of at least one patient based committee
4. Meets established educational requirements of the position and strives to continue education as appropriate. Maintains own competency levels in relation to their position.
**The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:**
+ Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) **or** Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) either upon hire/promotion **or** within 36 months of hire/promotion
+ Minimum two years acute care nursing practice experience
+ Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
+ BLS and ACLS
+ 3+ years of Nursing leadership experience in PACU (strongly preferred)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
**Organization:** AdventHealth Heart of Florida
**Schedule:** 1 - Day
**Shift:** AdventHealth Heart of Florida
**Req ID:** 22019864
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.