Job ID R183509
Join the NSX SD-WAN by VeloCloud team at VMware to help transform networking. Product Marketing plays a critical role in successfully driving products into the marketplace by understanding the current market environment and developing a strategy to drive customer awareness of the benefits of adopting VMware products and solutions.
Our team is looking for a product marketing manager to focus on driving Go-To-Market strategies and field enablement for both enterprise and service provider markets. SD-WAN is a rapidly growing market, and has market adjacencies with multiple products within VMware. VMware product marketing managers lead cross-functional teams by selling the overall vision for the product across the company. This also includes monitoring key performance indicators, understanding the dynamics of both direct and channel sales, and influencing many teams towards common goals.
-Develop and execute plans to scale go-to-market and sales enablement programs for VMware NSX SD-WAN.
-Develop positioning and messaging that resonates with customers, communicating product features/capabilities in terms and categories that customers understand, care about and are willing to pay for.
-Cross-functional work across internal VMware business units as well as analyst and press relations to deliver positioning and messaging externally
- Deliver key storylines to both the field (as part of enablement) and customers.
- Analyze the sales cycle and channel mix for specific products and solutions, and formulate ideas and approaches to optimize the selling process.
- Help define the overall marketing strategy by closely understanding the SD-WAN landscape and alignment with VMware. Partner with the key teams to drive SD-WAN solutions.
- Work with a cross-functional team (e.g. business development, alliances, product management, sales, marketing, and engineering) to drive successful product launches.
- Create sales tools and collateral (PowerPoint presentations, datasheets, white papers, customer case studies, demos, and training materials) as required by the field
A B.S. in engineering or computer science, and preferably an MBA
6 + years working at software companies selling to the IT Infrastructure and Network Operations
Experience positioning technical products to both business and technical buyers
Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability to develop creative / non-traditional solutions
Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
Strong leader, self-starter and proven team player in a high paced and achievement-oriented environment