Are you passionate about building large scale services that serve millions of customers? Are you motivated by enabling scenarios to make people more productive and collaborative at work? The **OXO Collab Services team** is working on the service charters that power user collaboration scenarios, including Office Collaboration Service, Real Time Channel, and Azure Fluid Relay service.
These services work together with the office apps on many platforms to provide great collaboration experiences and improve user engagement. Google compete is the top priority of the Office org, and our team is a critical part of mission. Specifically, our team is currently working on: OCS service is the key component that allows 50+ users to simultaneously edit in the same word/excel/PowerPoint document, with content changes propagating from end to end in a couple of seconds. RTC service is building up the service scale to connect all office clients through web sockets. Fluid Relay Service is going to an Azure service available for both 1 st and 3 rd party developers to enable great real-time collaboration experiences on fluid framework.
We’re looking for a strong **Senior software Engineer** to help the team advance the set of services to the next level, in the following large areas but not limited to: evolve the service architecture to the next generation; improve service scalability, and collaborate with the partner teams for great end-to-end customer collaboration experiences.
Your key responsibilities will include the following
• Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, and shipping.
• Work closely with other disciplines to shape the product
• Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and work well with other people and partner teams
• Foster a culture of being agile, innovative, team-oriented and customer-focused
• Influence priorities, investment and architecture as part of collab services extended leadership team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years work experience (4+ years)
- Solid design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for engineering excellence at scale.
**Preferred to have:**
- 1+ year of work experience on large scale services
- Software programming skills in C#, Java, or Node.js
- Outstanding cross-discipline and cross group collaboration skills
- Deep passion for customers, design thinking, data analysis and technology
- Proficiency in debugging and diagnosing service health issues
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high-quality products or services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.