At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors.
We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us. The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Our scale is expansive but that is nothing compared to our imagination.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Continue to build your future with Worley.
Thisposition will provide engineering for the design of substation facilities forvoltages up to and including 765 kV. This includes new substations andswitchyards, modifications, additions and upgrades to existing facilities.
- Substationphysical design responsibilities include overall engineering and analysis fornew switchyards and substations, additions and modifications.
- Includesequipment specifications and procurement support, layout and generalarrangements for all major equipment and structures required for high voltageswitchyards or substation.
- Drawing requirements include Site Plans, Planand Elevation Views, Grounding, Conduit, Lighting, Lightning Protection andShielding, control building arrangements and details, AC Station Service, DCsystems and Bills of Material.
- Includes performing substation groundingcalculations and studies, lightning protection and insulation coordination,lighting, bus calculations, transformer and bus sizing calculations, faultcalculations, and AC and DC auxiliary system sizing calculations.
- Worksin a team environment, coordinates requirements with other engineering anddesign disciplines.
- Provides technical direction to subordinate team members.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of the documents to the applicableWorleyParsons and client standards.
- Commitmentto customer service and ability to work independently on more varied andcomplex tasks when required.
- Typically will interface with other departmentalstaff, project management, and with outside customers.
- Strongwritten and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Willingto travel and to accept field assignments preferred.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of electrical engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Experience and Qualifications
- BSEEwith 5 years relevant experience in substation engineering.
- Computer proficiency with engineering software applications required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; accuracy and attention to detail;commitment to meeting budgets and schedules all required.
Special Job Requirements
Worleywill offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus afriendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity todevelop your career prospects within the United States and on a global scale.
When you join Worley,youll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherentbenefits of a diverse workplace and that promotes inclusion and flexibility. Weencourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflect therange of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. Our people are at the heart of our processes we value everyones personal wellbeing and contributions.
All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin,disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications andexperience will be contacted directly.
Pleasenote: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for thisvacancy.