Senior Supervisor - Manufacturing, 2nd Shift
- Newark, Delaware
- 237144 Siemens Healthineers
Job Description Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 237144
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelors Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the worlds largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Education / Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering, Technical or business field and Manufacturing experience
- In addition to the above the incumbent should have supervisory experience including leadership, communication and influence management
- A minimum of 3-5 of manufacturing experience desired with a working knowledge of In-Vitro Diagnostic regulations, ISO, FDA, DEA and MRP regulations / principles, Lean manufacturing, and financial management.
Desired proficiency in the following:
- Engineering / technical knowledge, Project Management, Influence Management, Managerial Experience, Leadership & Communication Skills, SPS / Lean expertise, Process Development, Production Flow Optimization, strategic planning, organization development, in-sourcing feasibility and quality systems expertise.
Key area of activities include:
- Responsible for leadership of Satellite Manufacturing Operation in Bldg 800.
- Leadership of Bldg 800, Atellica Fluids Mfg. and liaison with Bldg 100 for product and process flow.
- Identifying, driving and supporting supply chain projects & initiatives, lean manufacturing projects, regulatory compliance & continuous quality improvement projects, and capacity planning management efforts.
- Responsible to participate in the development and implementation of Siemens production systems (SPS initiatives, lean manufacturing culture, new process equipment, new production lines, process & design change projects, process and equipment capacity planning, new product development, new product life cycle management and global marketing initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead manufacturing operations to deliver chemistry products to meet Global S&OP requirements utilizing Business Resource Planning (BRP) systems and capacity planning efforts aligned with the Quality Management System.
- Utilize Operational Metrics to drive area performance (OEE, Yield, Utility, Scrap), drive standard product cost reductions, continuous improvement, capacity planning and resource management.
- Lead operations alignment and balance across Consumables organization, (Operations, Chemistry Technical, Engineering, Process Maintenance, Quality, Materials Planning, Master Production Scheduling, Analytical testing, Inventory& Warehousing) to ensure operations plans meet business needs.
- Utilize Project Management Skills to drive business projects, quality improvements, CAPA/IRs preventive actions, Operations Productivity Projects, Process Improvement projects
- Responsible to support development of annual budget plan and manage financial performance of manufacturing for final products including direct and fixed costs, variables costs ( MUV, Absorption, scrap, cycle count), CAPEX/OPEX projects and productivity improvements.
- Provides Operational leadership & input for process design improvements, work flow optimization, new production equipment technologies and safety management programs.
- Provides Operations input for product/process development & scale up, business growth and product line expansion and insourcing strategies and feasibility.
- Responsible for developing and sustaining a stable workforce, including positive employee relations with large non-exempt population.
This position is for a 2nd Shift Sr. Supervisor in Manufacturing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here