This position supports United States Army Corps of Engineers; Metering Data Management Service (MDMS). The MDMS provides managers at all levels within the Army the ability to analyze and track energy performance of buildings according to their area of responsibility. Examples include individual facility operations, multiple facilities associated with a certain organization, installation or mission; facilities constructed using a common standard design/energy savings technology; or all facilities served by a centrally managed program. Meter data combined with and other relevant (contextual) information offers a powerful tool for prioritizing facilities for action, motivating conservation behavior, justifying energy project investment and validating energy project effectiveness.
- Provide system administrator support for the Army meter data management system including administrator support of the password protected; Army hosted websites;
- Manage user accounts; apply security patches and all other customary functions of a system administrator to include test and configuration management.
- Maintains systems documentation
- Manage a complete Active Directory environment including Domain controllers, DNS servers, file servers, print services and user management
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language such as PowerShell
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis within a DoD environment.
- MS Windows 2012 server installation/configuration experience
- Active Directory configuration and management
- SAN Storage systems and fabric
- VMWare 6.x administration
- Ability to perform basic network troubleshooting
- MS SQL Server installation/support experience
- HBSS familiarity
Candidate must be able to obtain or maintain a minimum SECRET level security clearance.
CompTIA Security+ CE certification required
Must meet the Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8570.01 Information Assurance Training; Certification; and Workforce Management and DoD 8570-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program requirements for IAT (Information Assurance Technical) Level 2; OR IASAE (Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer) Level 2.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.