As Senior Vendor Master Associate for the Ace Hardware Corporation, you will assist in the daily Accounts Payable departments administrative, staff, control, procedure and system functions. In addition, you will provide analysis, support and coordination of Operational Accounting related projects and initiatives. You will also be responsible for processing various types of vendor master transactions. You will also be responsible for assisting in monitoring staff performance, coaching, training, and developing staff when necessary, and developing new methods and practices to improve efficiencies and maintain departmental production goals.
What youll do
- Schedule, review, and perform all daily, weekly, monthly, and special payment runs.
- Coordinate the year-end 1099 reporting project.
- Assist in the scheduling, training, coaching, developing, and progress reporting on new and existing non-exempt employees.
- Evaluate and distribute daily work assignments and ensure that vendor number assignments are completed timely.
- Work as the liaison with various departments to make the vendor setup process flow smoothly and within established guidelines.
- Provide support on projects to plan and execute the implementation of systems and policy changes.
- Work with RSCs, Merchandising and internal customers on queries and issues regarding payment and vendor setup questions.
- Contribute to the process of identifying inactive vendors that may be eligible for deletion.
What you need to succeed
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in a large corporate A/P environment.
- Understanding of accounting and finance relative to Accounts Payables.
- Ability to understand, investigate and resolve problems using root-cause research skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office, specifically basic skills in Word and strong skills in Excel (knowledge of formulas and pivot tables).
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.