Watershed Hospitality Group – Server Job Description
Watershed is an Ann Arbor eclectic restaurant group proudly serving excellent food and beverages from our six establishments. We’re in the market for energetic, bright and highly motivated people to join our team. Join the celebrated family of businesses that includes Last Word, Alley Bar, BTB Burrito, Cantina Taqueria, Good Time Charley’s and LIVE!
Server Position Summary:
The Server balances an average of seven tables per night in a high volume restaurant/bar that serves an energetic college crowd. Utilizes patience, multi-tasking strategies and efficiency to keep guests coming back for more. You’re a highly self-motivated team player who is looking to be a part of one of the busiest establishments in Ann Arbor. You’ll bring your attention to detail and your commitment to quality standards and we’ll provide an environment that is fun, energetic, fair and supportive – alongside business owners that really care.
· Supports other team members to ensure smooth operations and a seamless customer experience
· Takes initiative and is proactive by inserting yourself where needed
· Maximizes financial success for our restaurant by creating loyalty with guests
· Performs opening and closing duties with thoroughness and attention to detail
· Uses excellent customer service and displays friendliness throughout the course of your shift
· Ensure guest satisfaction by leveraging effective communication skills; builds long-term relationships
· Completes side work with professionalism and commitment to quality
· Is organized and timely with presenting server reports
· Presents restaurant (and patio) at its best with a strong commitment to cleanliness
· Memorizes daily food and drink specials as well as customer favorites, and regulars’ preferences
· Requires constant movement between kitchen, bar and floor and up/down stairs
· Brings a positive attitude every shift and treats everyone (clients and colleagues alike) with respect
· Maintains composure, remains calm and patient despite dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Is consistent with service approach and models organization’s values
Need to Know:
· Availability for ALL University of Michigan football home games preferred
· Some service experience in a bar/pub – or at least one year at a full-service restaurant
· Please note: full-service experience is required for cocktail servers
· Fun place to work!
· Work at one of the busiest establishments in Ann Arbor
· Meal benefits
· Competitive pay and provided uniforms
Join the Watershed Hospitality Group in the Server Position - Apply Today!