PONDEROSA STEAKHOUSE - SERVER JOB DESCRIPTION
PURPOSE: Serves food and drinks to customers in bar area and/or dining room.
· Work in a team environment and communicate with other employees and guests.
· Greet customers, serves food and beverage in a courteous and timely manner, creates new business and avoids customer complaints.
· Responsible alcohol service adhering to state & local regulations.
· Provide great salesmanship thru menu presentation and suggestive selling.
· Serve number of tables as determined by management.
· Write or punch in orders correctly & in timely fashion to bar and kitchen staff.
· Use a computer for settling guest checks, to-go orders and timekeeping purposes.
· Perform correct money transactions.
· Clear tables of dishes, linens, china, silverware and glassware.
· Complete Roll-ups.
· Prep soups, salads and desserts as assigned by management.
· Other functions assigned by management (i.e. take out linen, trash, stocking, checking restrooms, bus tubs, refill ice, wash glassware, assist other FOH & BOH staff members, etc.).
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
100% Walk and stand.
75% Reach, bend, stoop, lift and wipe.
50% Carry service tray weighing up to 40 pounds from kitchen or bar to dining room
or drinking area often.
50% Operate cash register and/or POS/TMX system and makes correct change.
ESSENTIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of hourly position validations, including reading training materials and watching videos. Responsible alcohol certification within 60 days of employment.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years old to serve alcohol or as state regulations dictate.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
JOIN PONDEROSA STEAKHOUSE IN THE SERVER POSITION - APPLY TODAY!