AZZ Galvanizing - St. Louis
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, supervising the processes and procedures in a receiving and/or shipping department in order to maximize quality, safety, productivity and profitability.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Six months to one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs. Knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Responsible for meeting customer delivery schedules, communicating turnaround time to customers helps with the loading and unloading of customer material.
- Oversees the shipping and receiving department including the hiring/training of personnel.
- Performs the same work duties as those of whom they supervise. May perform or assist with more difficult skilled tasks.
- Implements corporate and departmental policies, procedures and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Evaluates employees job performance and conformance to regulations and recommends appropriate personnel action.
- Prepares and maintains employee records such as attendance and hours worked.
- May serve as the direct report for shipping and receiving personnel.
Consists of smoke, irritating particular impurities, chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures.
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. Must have good eye hand coordination.