Site Reliability Engineer
Production Operations New York, New York
Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in todays complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 16,000 organizations and 650,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe from offices in New York, London, Washington, DC, Amsterdam, Sydney, Christchurch, and Charlotte, NC.
Diligent is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join its Team in the US. The Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for the support of multiple global SAAS applications. The role will focus on applications containerized with Kubernetes and automating deployments and working with the Scrum Teams support product delivery. The ideal candidate will be passionate about automation and highly skilled at in Python, Ruby or the like. We are looking for a team player with excellent communications skills who is committed to continuously improving and delivering results.
* Maintenance and support of global applications which run on CentOS Linux, Microsoft Windows, and Kubernetes.
* Support development teams and work with them to help operationalize their features and provide expertise on scalability, high availability and performance.
* Best-practices administration as it relates to SAAS technologies, confidential data storage and data encryption.
* Work with teams to develop Service Level Objective and Indicators and support the process of collecting and these metrics to measure success of the product.
* Day-to-day activities include automation of deployments throughout the software development lifecycle, supporting K8s infrastructure
* Provide expertise to development teams on monitoring, scalability and reliability.
* Advanced Linux administration experience (CentOS or RedHat).
* In-depth knowledge of scripting in Python, Ruby, or related language
* Experience with Kubernetes or related containerization software
* Experience with GitHub Enterprise and GitHub Cloud
* Experience with Jenkins, Puppet and Ansible is desirable.
* Dynatrace, Zabbix, and other monitoring tools experience are a plus.
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to type and/or manage laptop or personal computer keyboard for the purpose of internal and external electronic communication.
* Ability to see and hear and communicate verbally
* Ability to understand, remember and oral and/or written instructions or other information
* Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
* Ability to make decisions which have moderate to significant impact on the immediate team and division and stakeholders/colleagues and be able to monitor that impact
FSLA Status: Exempt
Diligent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match, health club reimbursement and much more.
We are a drug free workplace, and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.