Looking for an experienced JAVA developer. The developer should be a self-starter andable to work autonomously and collaborate with the balance of the team as needed.
We are developing new web services for its clients as well as performing enhancements to existing web services, previously developed by the team. Was created in the cloud and for the cloud, without any legacy hardware to support or maintain.
The developer shouldbe able tointerface with customers duringplanning sessions, technical exchanges, and other customer focused activities.
The developer should have experience in the following:
* Demonstratedprofessional experience building RESTful Web Service APIs,
* Demonstratedprofessional experience designing & working with relational databases (eg.MySQL).
* Demonstrated professional experiencecreating HTML5 user interfacesutilizingframeworks such as Angular, JQuery & Bootstrap.
Additional Desired Skills:
* Familiarity with continuous build, continuous deployment and other DevOps tools and methodologies
* Familiarity with source control tools.
* ExperienceworkinginanAgile Development Environment particularly with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is preferred.
* Demonstrated professional experience implementing queuing technologies such as Java Message Service (JMS)
* Familiarity with the customer's cloud infrastructure is required, hands on experience preferred
* Experience with Accessibility Standards andTools to ensure thesoftware is compliant withthe customers accessibility standards.
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.Work with a team performing entity correlation for mission critical systems. Identify methods for more precise entity resolution and determine the value of the introduction of new data sets. Support the migration from a physical to cloud based computing environment. Evaluate the benefits of new entity resolution technologies. Support special projects and new requirements as needed.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
3. Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
8. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
9. Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.