We are seeking a Software Engineer for an underlying Market Making development group. The team is responsible for the development of trading strategies in Futures and Equities products. The Software Engineer should have experience with low latency execution and building distributed trading systems as well as knowledge of market microstructure and electronic market making, especially in futures or ETFs. Strong C++ skills are required, and, as you will be partnering with financial engineers, familiarity with Python with linear algebra and statistics is a plus.
- Design and develop software components.
- Deliver and support software into the production environment in a timely and robust manner.
- Collaborate with developers on other teams.
- Partner with support teams to ensure that the software is easy to manage in a production environment.
- Assist in developing requirements and propose solutions.
- 5+ years of experience building low-latency execution systems.
- Knowledge of market microstructure.
- Experience with market making of futures and ETFs.
- Meaningful work experience in C++.
- Experience with multi-threaded and distributed programming.
- Experience in linear algebra and statistics is a plus.
- Experience with Python and Boost Python is desired.
- Experience in Java a plus.
- Experience with Linux.
- Working knowledge of Windows.
- Highly motivated to understand complicated workflows and produce high quality solutions.
- A love of problem solving.
- Strong analytic and design capabilities, ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- Technical curiosity in learning and maintaining technical acumen.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering fields.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Software Engineer, C++, Low Latency, Multi-Threading, Python, Boost Python, Market Making, Futures, ETFs, Java, Linux, Windows, Software Developer, Architect, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems . We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas! Company Will Relocate Candidates!
No Corp-To-Corp Or Third Party Recruiters; W-2 Direct Hire Only.