Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) brings together a world-class, cross-discipline R&D team with the shared goal of developing the next generation of AR and VR technologies for telepresence. If you have a passion for leading engineering teams, finding new talent, developing people, mentoring and making people better, then join us on the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. In our collaborative environment, you’ll partner with expert research scientists, hardware engineers and software developers to build groundbreaking prototypes and create the technology that makes AR/VR universal.
1. Manage engineers teams by mentoring, empowering their growth, and helping them deliver impact.
2. Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
3. Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
4. Interface with external vendors and internal engineers (hardware, electrical mechanical, software, optical, ML, etc.) to understand system architecture required for infrastructure development.
5. Use technical expertise and cross-functional relationships to identify strategic, long-term, and ambitious engineering goals, and intermediate milestones.
6. Use strategic influence and cross-functional relationships to drive progress on goals.
7. Recruit research engineers, identifying talent gaps and the people required to fill them.
8. Create career development plans, manage performance and performance reviews.
9. PhD in any field of Computer Science.
10. B.S. degree or equivalent in computer science or related quantitative field.
11. 5+ years experience managing engineers.
12. 8+ years experience as technical lead creating software for robotics, real-time systems, or other high performance environments.
13. Experience with machine learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields.
14. Experience in recruiting and managing technical teams.
15. Experience with machine learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields.
16. Experience partnering with research scientists.
17. Experience in transferring research to production.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.