GHD is one of the worlds leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural, and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Due to continuing growth, we are seeking a Developer/Analyst for our Indianapolis, INoffice to join our Software Solutions Team within our Waste Services Group.
The Software Solutions Team develops and supports enterprise Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) software in an Agile Scrum environment. In this hybrid role, you will serve as a software solutions analyst and a software developer.
Software Solutions Analyst:
- Create Product Backlog Items in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), including effective User Stories and Success Criteria
- Create effective User Personas for User Stories
- Schedule and facilitate backlog refinement / requirements gathering meetings with various groups of users
- Schedule and facilitate product demonstrations with various groups of users
- Participate and collaborate in backlog refinement and review sessions
- Develop software components within the larger framework of the system, as assigned by the development lead
- Participate in planning sessions to determine the content of each development sprint
- Provide reasonably accurate estimates of work effort for development tasks
- Maintain effective communication with team members located in Texas, Indiana, and the Philippines
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated success in a programming/development role
- Demonstrated success in a business analyst / requirements / backlog refinement role
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral; Filipino/Tagalog is a plus, but not required
- Good presentation and public-speaking skills
- Demonstrated success in learning new software platforms quickly, adapting to changing and growing environments, and effectively collaborating with a geographically distributed team
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience with ASP.NET (Core preferred)
- Advanced C# programming skills
- Great Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation
- Angular framework (or similar libraries like React, Knockout etc)
- Entity Framework
- Agile processes / SCRUM experience
- DevOps, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- SQL Server, MySQL
- HTML5, SASS, LESS
- Experience with Cloud services (PaaS / FaaS) in Azure
- SOA/Web services
- Microsoft Access, VBA, Microsoft InterOp (Excel and Word), EPPlus, the ClosedXML library
- FileMaker Pro
To learn more about why GHD is the perfect place to bring your career, apply today and check out our website at www.ghd.com
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below.