More detail about Caesars Palace part of Caesars Entertainment - Las Vegas, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/722-caesars-palace
Caesars Entertainment is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown into a family of affiliated resort casinos on four continents. Caesars-affiliated casino resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Affiliates of Caesars also own the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. The Caesars Entertainment family’s success is a result of an unblinking focus of building loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars and its affiliates are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Team members of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Ownership every day. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
The Chef Tournant is responsible for the supervision of kitchen staff in assigned outlet in absence of the Room Chef and creating and fostering a sanitary, productive and team oriented work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assume responsibilities of room in absence of Room Chef.
- Work with Restaurant Manager and front of the house staff to ensure positive guest experience.
- Ensure quality food product and presentations.
- Teach and develop staff while serving a consistent product with pride.
- Maintains food cost, labor cost and expenses within budget guidelines.
- Meets attendance guidelines and adheres to regulatory, departmental and Company policies.
- Must be able to cook and create new, innovative and imaginative recipes.
- Must be able to react quickly and resolve problems.
- Support and foster loyalty and conduct business in a professional manner at all times.
- Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
- Work prefers a minimum of a two year Culinary Arts School, or equivalent technical training in the food industry.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as line level Supervisor or Chef in specialty room, Casual Dining or Buffet Restaurant environment.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance.
- Work prefers Bilingual abilities
- Work requires flexibility to work various shifts.
- Food Safety Employee Training required
- Food Handler’s Card
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Fast paced environment, multiple tasks to be handled under time constraint. Must be able to handle a heavy business volume, and sensitive situations relating to staff and guest problems, in a timely manner. compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.