## Position Description
Do you have a passion for Space missions and systems?
Are you experienced with testing Space and Missile Defense systems?
If so, we may have the right job for you.
As a Space and Missile Defense Systems Test Engineer, you will...
1. Define requirements for and manage the development, execution, and assessment of experiments and testing activities in the areas of missile defense and space control
2. Implement integrated test planning and execution for the Spacebased Kill Assessment sensor system
3. Interface with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Air Force, and Intelligence Community
4. Identify and develop business opportunities in related fields; conduct sponsor engagements, and author proposals
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have...
* A B.S. in engineering, physical sciences, or mathematics plus 7 years of experience in space/missile defense systems with an emphasis on testing. ORM.S. in engineering, physical sciences, or mathematics plus 4 years of experience in space/missile defense systems with an emphasis on testing.
* Experience working within the Missile Defense Agencyâ€™s IMTP, test planning, and test execution processes
* Experience with tools such as System Tool Kit (STK), MATLAB.
* Hold an active Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
* M.S. in engineering, physical sciences, or mathematics.
* 10 years of experience in MDA testing.
* Current TS/SCI clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nationâ€™s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APLâ€™s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
*Primary Location:* *United States-*Maryland-*Laurel
*Req ID:* 23029