## Position Description
1. Flight hardware assembly/test/documentation
2. Ground support equipment assembly/test/documentation
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3 years experience with assembly and test of structures
* 3 years experience with assembly and test of mechanisms
* Experience working under the direction of a mechanical engineer
* Experience working as part of a team
* 3 years experience with assembly and test of spaceflight structures
* 3 years experience with assembly and test of spaceflight mechanisms
* Experience working in a clean room environment
* Experience influencing the design of flight and ground support hardware
**Special Working Conditions:** Ability to work in multistory buildings and clean rooms. Travel in support of structure, mechanism and mission assembly/integration/test.
**Security:**Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
**Why work at APL?**
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nationâ€™s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APLâ€™s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
*Primary Location:* *United States-*Maryland-*Laurel
*Req ID:* 22161