Special Education Teaching/Special Education Teaching
Southwest Education Center, Casa Grande, AZ
Special Education Teacher
Southwest Education Center (SWEC)
520 Camino Mercado #6 Casa Grande, AZ. 85122
- Full-Time, Permanent, Direct-Hire Teacher position
- 10 Month Position; 12 Month Pay throughout the year
- Accepting applications from teachers of all experience levels.
Due to increased enrollment we are seeking a Special Education Teacher at our therapeutic day school in Casa Grande, AZ. Our ideal candidate is active and dynamic in the classroom with a high level of engagement with the students. We value inquiry-based and project-based learning.
Like all Menta schools, Southwest Education Center's guiding principle is we will never give up. SWEC is deeply committed to developing innovative strategies for ensuring that the children in our programs are not left behind.
As a Special Education Teacher at SWEC you will:
- Teach all subjects in a self-contained classroom with the flexibility to change rooms to teach a different grade level.
- Work with autism and a range of mild/moderate disabilities
- Have the freedom & ability to personalize learning.
- Teach a classroom size of around 10 students in a differentiated learning environment
- Facilitate students in learning not only curriculum but also social-emotional and life-skills
- Be empowered to bring forth curriculum that is engaging and original.
- Work with paraprofessional, curriculum, clinical, social-work, and other staff to provide the best environment possible for students and staff.
- Manage classroom behaviors
- Facilitate and take an active role in formulating student IEPs
Candidate Qualities & Qualifications
- Valid Special Education Teaching Certificate (Cross Categorical or other)
- Valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Menta will assist in application, if needed)
- Experience with working with students with a range of special education disabilities including but not limited to; autism, emotional disturbance, traumatic brain injury, mild to moderate cognitive and/or developmental disabilities.
- Ability to think outside of the box and problem solve (an innovative thinker)
- Dedication to the children and families we serve.
- A student-centered educator who has the enthusiasm and energy to work with our K-6 Life Skills students.
- Recognize and accommodate differentiated instruction for each unique student based on data and needs
- Areas of expertise in hobbies, fields of study, and disciplines are welcomed as enrichment experiences for the students.
Benefits & Pay:
How to apply: Submit Application to Job ID 997
- Pay is competitive with area districts and commensurate with experience.
- 10 Month-position with 12-Month Pay Period
- A variety of affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available for full-time employees and any spouse/family.
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Generous Paid-Benefit Time Off
Inquiries may be directed to Heather Bakken O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-5296
F: (630) 907-0197 E:
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.
Special Education Services, an affiliate of The Menta Group is approved under the Arizona Board of Education as a Private Therapeutic Day school serving students with primary disabilities of Autism, MIID, MOID, ED, OHI, LD, SLD, and TBI.