Special Education Teaching
CCH Tech & Trade Center, Country Club Hills, IL
Special Education Teacher or Secondary Education Teacher
Country Club Hills Tech & Trade Center
4187 W. 183rd St. Country Club Hills, IL. 60478
- We are hiring due to increased student enrollment.
- This is a full-time, and permanent position.
- 10 Month position, 12 Month paychecks
- New Graduates in Education are welcome to apply as well as applicants of all experience levels
About our School:
Country Club Hills Tech and Trade Center, a Special Education Services school and an affiliate of The Menta Group, is a K-12 therapeutic day school for special education students. Classrooms are designed to be active learning environments where young people have the opportunity to experience educational and behavioral success on a regular basis. The high school curriculum is intended to aid students in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to become eligible for post-secondary education and/or employment.
As a Special Education Teacher at our Country Club Hills Tech and Trade Center, you will:
- Teach all subjects in a self-contained classroom
- Provide a differentiated learning environment
- Work collaboratively with staff, including curriculum and clinical staff to yield positive results for the students
- Personalize learning
- Provide a social-emotional learning environment
- Have a classroom size of around 10 students with Paraprofessional support in the classroom.
- Valid Professional Educator License in Special Education LBS1
- Or General Education PEL with willingness to get LBS1 with support from Menta
- Vocational and Job Training experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards
- Ability to provide positive behavioral support to students in group and individual setting
- Implement and maintain consistent and clear classroom expectations for students to follow
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies to meet individual needs of all students
- Must be able to provide students with superior instruction in areas of academic curriculum and socially acceptable behaviors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team focused environment
Pay and Benefits:
How To Apply: Apply for Job ID 876 at http://menta.com/careers/apply/
- Competitive Salary in-keeping with area standards.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Full-Time Employees
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- 10 Month Position with 12 Month Pay
Inquiries may be directed to Heather Bakken
O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-5296
F: (630) 907-0197
E: firstname.lastname@example.org More About Menta:
Our CCH Tech School was established to positively impact the academic and social-emotional competencies of students referred to the program. Believing that all children have a right to quality educational services, SES programs maintain a no refusal, no suspension, no expulsion policy, an integrated focus on academic and social-emotional learning, and a continuum of learning and behavioral supports. Small class size, intensive clinical services, and a competently trained staff of educators combine to make this program a positive and dynamic place to learn. The emphasis is placed on teamwork and creativity to provide this positive environment for our students to excel. E.O.E.
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.