As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Specialist, Collections Operations provides daily support to collection department including, but not limited to: distribution of internal mail, processing logging and tracking of payments received internally submission and processing of requests for research documentation to be delivered internally or externally.
- Communicates with other departments regarding special circumstances on customer accounts.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- Sets up arrangements for repayment on past due accounts.
- Takes inbound calls, make outbound calls, or communicate via email to customers.
- Updates customer information on accounts.
- Works customer collection issues.
- Associate's Degree; in Business, Accounting or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- 0-3 years; Experience in collections and/or customer service activities.
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to organize and interpret information.
- Ability to succeed in a high volume work environment.
- Computer savvy (word processing, data entry, internet, spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of loan collection policies and procedures, fair debt collection practices, and related laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess intermediate reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- Strong customer service/relations skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Collects data and relevant facts to communicate problems.
- Presents the general outline and direction of the solution.
- Demonstrates the organization's customer service standards.
- Foundational - Learning and developing.
- Ensures all tasks are carried out correctly.
- Learns from past mistakes and ensures that they are not repeated in similar future situations.
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures.
- Learns new methods and procedures or modifies them to meet new standards.
- Is positive about new approaches and methods resulting from change.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Takes responsibility for issues and, with assistance, works to find a solution.
- Understands the central role the risk management function plays in the organization environment.
- Learns to identify and flag items non-compliant with regulations
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply