Caesars Entertainment is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown into a family of affiliated resort casinos on four continents. Caesars-affiliated casino resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Affiliates of Caesars also own the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. The Caesars Entertainment family’s success is a result of an unblinking focus of building loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars and its affiliates are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Team members of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Ownership every day. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
The Specialty Room Chef is responsible for all food preparation and supervises as well as participates in the production of foods for the dining rooms, banquets or related areas, supervising sous chefs, all cooks, helpers and kitchen runners. The Specialty Room Chef is also responsible for the quality of the service, training of the people, making all stocks, mother sauces, implementing new menus as needed, banquet menus, special events and all VIP parties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assess, advise, guide and properly train cooks or preps to meet quality standards and service deadlines.
- Ensure that room chefs, sous chefs, and cooks follow standardized recipes, portions plate garnishes and stocking of line in accordance to established procedures.
- Properly expedite, especially to assist room chefs, sous chefs, line cooks, when needed. Also is expected to assist in other areas of production when staff shortages occur.
- Support and enable employees to accept responsibility, communicate effectively with others, while building positive relationships.
- Communicate verbally needed to facilitate department meetings and presentations.
- Take over part of a station or entire station when the work permits.
- Experience in cutting meats, making soups and entrees.
- Facilitating proper action to help control waste, food cost, and labor cost.
- Convert, adjust, or update recipes or standard procedures when necessary.
- Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
- Work requires a minimum of least 3 to 5 years of specialized culinary and high volume cooking experience for certain room positions.
- Work requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance.
- Work prefers Bilingual abilities
- Work requires flexibility to work various shifts.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Fast paced environment, multiple tasks to be handled under time constraint. Must be able to handle a heavy business volume, and sensitive situations relating to staff and guest problems, in a timely manner
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
More detail about Caesars Entertainment part of Caesars Entertainment - Las Vegas, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/4639-caesars-entertainment