Speech Language Pathologist
At TriHealth Rehabilitation Hospital , a division of Select Medical , our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Speech LanguagePathologist to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.Responsibilities
TheSpeech Language Pathologisthas initiative, responsibility, and action in assigned responsibility; understanding of physical, mental, psychological, and social needs of patients; The SLP has an understanding of communication skills, evaluation, and treatment and a desire to work in collaboration with associates to provide quality interdisciplinary patient programming. Using independent judgement, the Speech Pathologist assumes the responsibility of providing a comprehensive evaluation of communication skills and/or swallowing function, and provides goal-oriented treatment to facilitate maximum communication and/or swallowing potential.
Other of the Speech Language Pathologistposition include:
- Assists the Department Manager in departmental management functions.
- Participates with fellow staff in monitoring the quality of services provided by the Rehab Therapy Department.
- Participates in peer review for staff performance and appraisals.
- Assists in development of the SLP role in programs and services.
- Assists in the development and revising of departmental policies and procedures. Assists in maintaining an adequate stock of supplies.
- Exhibits willingness to share professional knowledge and experience. Alerts the Manager to educational needs
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of theSpeech Language Pathologistrole include:
- Graduation from a program satisfying the American Speech/Language/Hearing Associations academic and practicum requirements for the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- Must hold a valid license issued by the State in which they are practicing
- Must have two (2) years of progressively responsible experience
- BLS required
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!