Banner Staffing Services-WR
**Primary Location Salary Range:**
$38.50/hr - $41.50/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado’s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
You have a place in the health care industry. There’s more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you’re looking to leverage your abilities – you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
**As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:**
+ Competitive wages
+ Paid orientation
+ Flexible Schedules (select positions)
+ Fewer Shifts Cancelled
+ Weekly pay
+ 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
+ Employee Assistance Program
+ Employee wellness program
+ Discount Entertainment tickets
+ Restaurant/Shopping discounts
+ Auto Purchase Plan
**Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered.** Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
Starting pay rate for this role is $38.50, up to $41.50, depending on how many facilities you choose to work.
This position provides screening, evaluation, and rehabilitation services for patients with speech and language disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency. This position plans and carries out specialized treatment programs, documents treatment, and maintains data regarding patient care. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
1. Evaluates patients’ functional abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and treatment goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
2. Implements individualized treatment plans that consider patients’ physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum patient benefit.
3. Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of therapeutic program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions.
4. Documents patient treatment according to professional and regulatory standards.
5. Participates in the provision of training to other staff and students.
6. Follows plan of care to accomplish functions within established procedures and scope of practice. Makes independent judgments based on specialized knowledge. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physician offices, patient families, third party payers, and medical supply companies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university program.
Current licensure in the state of practice. Certificate of Clinical Competence or documented acceptance in Clinical Fellowship Year. BLS certification required.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health complies with applicable federal and state laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability.