Located in Phoenix metro area - all facilities.
Also have opportunities in Tucson, Payson, Page and Casa Grande.
Hours and shift may vary (PRN).
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the countrys leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
About Banner Staffing Service AZ
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position provides screening, evaluation, and rehabilitation services for patients with speech and language disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing, and fluency. This position plans and carries out specialized treatment programs, documents treatment, and maintains data regarding patient care. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Evaluates patients functional abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and treatment goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
- Implements individualized treatment plans that consider patients physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure maximum patient benefit.
- Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of therapeutic program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions.
- Documents patient treatment according to professional and regulatory standards.
- Participates in the provision of training to other staff and students.
Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited university program.
Current licensure in the state of practice. Certificate of Clinical Competence or documented acceptance in Clinical Fellowship Year. BLS certification required.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.