Department: Day Kimball HomeCare
Job Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Hours/Week: 24 Hours
Organizes and administers prescribed speech therapy programs in an effort to reduce and/or prevent disability to help patients achieve their maximum functional potential.
- Evaluates and treats patients as prescribed by referring physician.
- Records treatment, response, progress and discharge information in patient's electronic chart.
- Educates patient, family and significant others regarding condition, treatment and home program.
- Orients, instructs, and directs other Healthcare Team members as needed.
- Routinely confers with physician and other practitioners in person, by phone, or in writing, regarding progress, regression or change of plan.
Specific vocational preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of education, training, and on-the-job training.
- Masters degree from an accredited program in Speech Language Pathology required.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology required.
- Connecticut License.
- CPR Certification required.
- Minimum of one year experience preferred.
Day Kimball Healthcare is a non-profit, integrated medical services provider comprised of Day Kimball Hospital, healthcare centers in Danielson, Dayville, Plainfield and Putnam, Day Kimball HomeCare, Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern CT, Day Kimball HomeMakers, and Day Kimball Medical Group. Its service area includes Northeast Connecticut as well as nearby Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. Day Kimball Healthcares comprehensive network offers more than 1,400 employees including nearly 300 associated, highly-skilled physicians, surgeons and specialists. Its website is daykimball.org.
Day Kimball Healthcare is an Affirmative Action / equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.