Looking for a company that values your potential?
A job with AT&T as a Term Splicing Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company provided vehicles and tools and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Splicing Technicians install, maintain and repair services for our customers.
What you'll do as an AT&T Splicing Technician:
• Install, disconnect and upgrade customer services
• Make and complete splices in various types of communication cables
• Review and analyze complex schematic drawings
• Use electrical test instruments to determine defective wire or fiber
• Repair and maintain outside cable facilities
• May climb poles and ladders or operate hydraulic aerial lifts mounted on trucks
• Work outdoors in all kinds of weather
Term employees are those engaged for a specific project or limited period with the definite understanding that their employment is to terminate upon completion of the project or at the end of the period. Employment is expected to continue for more than one (1) year, but no more than three (3) years
Our Splicing Technicians must have the following:
• Valid state driver’s license
• Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
• Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors
• Ability to lift and move up to 100lbs
• AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Study Guides (click the links below to open the various study guides)
Technical/Mechanical Test III (TMT III) (https://careers.att.jobs/media/153502/TMT-III-Test-Guide.pdf)
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status.