Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
The System Administrator (SA) will work as part of a team responsible for maintaining and improving system functionality through proactive interaction with the customer, comprehensive understanding of their primary analytic system, and knowledge of the production mission. The successful candidate will providing on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support through troubleshooting, identifying and isolating issues, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing appropriate solutions to software anomalies as they occur. The SA will actively trouble shoot Operating System (OS) and software integration issues and make corrective recommendations. Likewise the candidate should be able to quickly respond to application related issues, resolve on the spot problems (where possible), replicate the issue for internal analysis/diagnosis, and prepare technical documentation accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor.
The environment may call for periods of 24x7 support or on-call coverage
The System Administrator responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose and rectify issues escalated from the Help Desk.
- Diagnose and rectify issues and execute functional escalations to appropriate resources
- Support for maintenance and change requests of all "user facing" devices and systems.
- Assist team members by providing input, either written or verbal, to program deliverables including, but not limited to trade studies, white-papers, presentations, and hardware and software requirements to support customers and "other" services.
- Develop procedures and documentation for managing, deploying and implementing multiple baseline hardware/images and software packages.
- Engage other service lanes for remediation of work issues and flow
- Provide support for Peripheral, workstation and all user facing equipment.
#dpost #cjpost #ISDcj
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of a virtual/physical desktop pool by proactively and reactively responding to Remedy based trouble and incident tickets
- Manages service/user accounts using: Active Directory, User Group maintenance, and User data restoration
- Interacts with users in to support software and hardware transitions to include software installs hardware/software troubleshooting
- Provides support for maintenance and change requests of all "user facing" devices and systems.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills (document creation and management).
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently on projects and/or tasks.
- Multi-mission environment experience.
- Ability to follow a process and help to identify areas for process improvement.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (basic understanding)
- Ability to troubleshoot and document various problems
- Excellent customer service skillsDesired Skills:Knowledge of:
- Testing and troubleshooting management.
- Software package/binary deployment (XenApp, ThinApp, AppV, SCCM).
- Forefront Identity Manager experience
- ITIL v3 foundations and Remedy experience.
- Thin Client operating systems and virtual hosted desktop OS (Windows 7, Win XPe, Windows Embedded 2009).
- Client operating systems (XP, Windows 7).
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (ESX/vSphere4, XenDesktop).
- Understanding of DISA STIG or other federal security guidelines.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.