Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes and integrates network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
Skills and Abilities
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators,associated terminals, and design.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
4.Requires IAT II level certification.
5. Knowledgeable in Army simulations technology preferred.
Current active Secret clearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.