At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nations leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, were committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether youre in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- Were in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- Were at offices with KinderCare Education at Work , our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And were at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. Job Overview
As KinderCare Educations Senior Field Financial Analyst you are an integral member of our FP&A team. You will build partnerships and influence with region vice presidents and take ownership of high quality financial analysis and guidance on performance.
You will evaluate execution across multiple performance standards while providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. You will assist leadership in ensuring financial targets through problem solving and developing operational strategies to improve financial results and maximize business opportunities.
In additional to strong financial acumen, the SFA must have a demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence leaders. Job Responsibilities
In order to demonstrate success in role, the SFA will work closely with Field Leadership on the following:
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Actively communicate, assess feedback and resolve concerns.
- Working with partners, research variances, develop forecasts and analyze trends to achieve budget.
- Understand and communicate underlying causes of variances.
- Partner and challenge stake holders to consider varied options for achievement of goals/plans.
- Identify trends in data and prepare executive-level presentation materials.
- Ad hoc projects, reporting, and modeling.
- Bachelors degree in Business Finance or related field. MBA degree a plus.
- 5-7 years experience in a similar position with a medium to large sized company.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Experience in developing and/or the ability to understand complex financial models.
- Good overall understanding of accounting principles and financial planning concepts.
- Intermediate level skills in MS Excel.
- Experience with macros with exposure to various specialized functions and features and Visual Basic a plus.
- Intermediate level skills in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Beginning to intermediate level skills in MS Access
- Experience in and/or strong understanding of financial reporting software a plus (specifically Oracle, TM1/Cognos, Hyperion Enterprise and Reporting software).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail orientation with high attention to quality and accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience presenting to groups and ability to conduct trainings.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and develop strong working relationships inside and outside of the department.