Designs and develops multimedia applications, systems and products.
Create visual concepts, not directly manipulating GEOINT products, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. Develop overall layout and production design for various applications such as advertisements, brochures, fact sheets and corporate reports.
Graphic designers combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages. They
may use a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Work with both text and images. Select the type, font, size, color, and line length of headlines, headings, and text. Decide how images and text will go together on a print or webpage, including how much space each will have. When using text in layouts, collaborate closely with writers who choose the words and decide whether the words will be put into paragraphs, lists, or tables. Through the use of images, text, and color, transform statistical data into visual graphics and diagrams, which can make complex ideas more accessible. Demonstrates analytic, communication and time-management skills. Possess creative and artistic ability.
1. Designs and develops multimedia applications, systems and products involving computer graphics and interactive computing such as computer-based systems for personal computers or CD-ROM applications.
2. Incorporates software applications in multiple technology media systems, such as graphics, animation, text, and sound.
3. Works from concept drawings, sketches, models, and/or written and verbal instructions.
4. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced designers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related multimedia design experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the full functionality of Adobe Master Collection CS5 graphic design software
- Designing of products for printing on digital press and web
- Knowledgeable in developing and implementing creative visual and strategic solutions
(from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools)
- Agile certification and SharePoint administration experience preferred
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.#ISDCJ#Dpost