OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire. JOB DESCRIPTION
Cold Iron is seeking an experienced Senior Guns Artist to join us in creating a shooter set in the Alien universe for consoles and PC! Are you able to translate 2D concepts into fully realized 3D weapons, mechanics, and armor? Are you a passionate game developer looking to create the best experiences possible?
Heres the most important one: Do you do it all for the game? Because you know that your talents are needed to make sure that even the best development teams get an awesome experience out the door?
Awesome. Come join our creative, collaborative studio where youll own the product management responsibilities for a tight, integrated team of game developers.
Your Day to Day
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Create models, textures, and materials for environment assets, armor, and weapons
- Translate concept art and design ideas into 3D
- Help develop final look of guns, armor, and other hard surface models under the guidance of the Art Director
- Help set and maintain the high quality bar for the game
- Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
Your Career Progression
Do the best work of your career! No, really, thats what we expect of you. Come aboard and work with industry veterans all working to improve their craft and become better game developers. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere allows you to contribute more and have greater ownership over what you do day to day.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Guns or Hard Surface Artist
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self driven with strong communication skills
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work closely with many other disciplines and be a team player
- Ability to bring an asset from modeling all the way to texturing and getting the object in game
- Understanding of texture creation
- Experience creating hard surface assets
- Strong sense of three-dimensional form
- Skilled in creating and understanding PBR materials
- Advanced understanding of Maya/Max, Photoshop, ZBrush
- Advanced understanding of current game art pipelines and methodologies
Would Love to See
- Experience creating 2D rough concepts and/or illustrations
- Experience with Substance, Topogun, Maya, or other additional 3D tools
- Experience with multiplayer games and/or shooters
- Experience with Unreal Engine (UE4)
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:
Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts
About our Location
Cold Iron Studios, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a mission to create games they want to play with people they love to work with. The studio was founded by three industry veterans in 2015, and has since expanded to 25+ awesome developers who are all experts in their discipline. The Cold Iron team is a diverse group of passionate gamers with decades of experience developing and launching award-winning MMO and action titles. Currently, the team is working on a new PC and console shooter based on the Alien franchise. The team is especially excited to be entrusted with the Alien universe and to provide Alien and gaming fans with an experience they will love.
To apply, please visit www.coldironstudios.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.