1. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
3. Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
8. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
9. Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Specializes in Java and Unix/Linux scripting languages like Python or Perl.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
15. Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques required.
16. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment required.
17. Must possess and maintain AT LEAST a Secret clearance.
18. Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
19. Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
20. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job
1. 10-15 years of related software development experience.
2.Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
3.Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
4.Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.