Staff Reliability Engineer
Dallas, TX, US, 75251
Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc.and its affiliates own approximately 63% (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE:DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
Responsible for developing, sustaining, and continuously improving various mechanical components for equipment and tools. Ensures the safe, effective operations of the organization's production and supports continuous improvement. Manages reliability engineering projects. Performs analytical verification. Evaluates, tests and tracks results of reliability interventions. Initiates reporting for internal or third-party reported incidents. Creates, documents, and follows up on corrective actions. Prepares routine reports and memos and coordinate communications across all necessary functional groups of the organization.
- Provide engineering technical support to operating units, environmental activities and plant projects to improve reliability, process safety and environmental performance.
- Support process safety, safety, and environmental compliance by participating in process hazard analysis, incident investigations, procedure development, management of change, alarm management, pressure protection management, and providing technical assistance for work scope development, and assessment of operating impacts on equipment.
- Design improvements for equipment/systems to improve overall reliability, availability, and predictability of production, improve process safety and environmental performance including complex designs
- Provide process support to Plant Engineering activities, usually involving preparation of major appropriation requests or execution of detailed engineering of projects
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Mechanical Integrity Turnaround Work Selection and Detailed Planning Process in partnership with the PMO TA.
- Research plans for improvements on existing company standards in the areas related to Mechanical Integrity and OSHA 1910.119 compliance.
- Perform equipment reliability analysis and recommends improvements based on Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) findings
**Required Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience:**
At least 8 years of related experience. Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Master's or MBA degree typically preferred.
**Preferred Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience:**
- Planning & Organizing: Ability to manage concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to priorities and mobilizing time and resources to get things done.
- Capital Process Management: Knowledge of the stage gate capital process to ensure successful execution of capital to meet design intent and cost and schedule requirements
- Mechanical Codes, Damage Mechanisms and Fitness for Service: Knowledge of the key factors contributing to damage in plant equipment, piping, pipelines and tanks and the ability to use this knowledge to select suitable inspection methods, identify causes of failure and recommend preventative measures.
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) is a plus
- Reliability Engineering: Knowledge and associated engineering ability to apply technical engineering experience to implement global mechanical integrity standards to improve SHE and reliability performance
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field. Leads others to solve complex problems. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.