**Dept:** Sterile Processing
**Hours per pay period:** Variable
**Schedule:** Per Diem
The primary responsibilities of the role include all aspects of processing; decontamination through set assembly, and sterilization. Dependent on the clinical setting; preparation of surgical case carts and materials management may be expectations of the role.
**Essential Functions and Responsibilities:**
1. Responsible for the decontamination of all types of surgical instrumentation, power equipment, and medical devices.
2. Inspects and performs functional checks on instrumentation/equipment to assure proper functioning prior to set/tray assembly.
3. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of basic instrumentation as well as specialty instrumentation.
4. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of common equipment used in sterile processing; sonic washer, washer/sterilizer, cart washer, Sterrad sterilizer, steam sterilizer, ethylene oxide sterilizer/aerator and Steris System I.
5. Processes, wraps and labels all equipment and instrumentation for sterilization using appropriate wraps and containers.
+ HighSchool Diploma or GED
+ 6 months workexperience in a Sterile Processing Department or as a Surgical ScrubTechnician OR completion of a college-level course in SterileProcessing
+ Oneto two years of formal education or training beyond High School in Post –Highschool course in Sterile Processing
**EqualOpportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans**
**Primary Location:** Michigan-Mount Clemens-Mt Clemens Reg Med Center
**Employee Status** Regular
**Job Type** Standard
**Schedule** Per Diem
**Req ID:** 21003795