Storage Staff Engineer
Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Oversee IO performance of production and development environments.
- Conduct bottleneck evaluation to identify performance issues.
- Use necessary tools to monitor, alert and report on the usage.
- Perform daily operational checks on backup jobs and replication status and remediate any issues in the infrastructure
- Regular tape and disk drive management to keep the storage/backup operations running without any adverse impacts to operations.
- Create and publish monthly KPI reports. Perform other scheduled monthly or quarterly audits like storage efficiency audit, backup audits etc.
- Monitor ServiceNow cases for the team and assign/remediate any cases within agreed upon SLA period.
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of storage/backup and associated network hardware
- Experience managing backups and tape library operations
- Fluency with NetBackup software on UNIX / Linux as well as Windows systems.
- Must be able to manage NetApp recovery methods for storage volumes including snapshots, snapvaults and snapmirror.
- Bachelors or equivalent with a minimum of 3-4 years of relevant work experience in IT operations
- Strong troubleshooting and debug skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in Netapp storage technology is preferred
- Bachelors or equivalent
- 3-4 years experience
Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.