Did you know bearded dragons grow up to 2 feet long? Or that the average life span for an umbrella cockatoo is 50 years? Our team members are pet lovers and like to know it all!
As a Store Team Member at Pet Supplies Plus, you're pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will
- stop to help a neighbor select the perfect toy for a terrier that likes to chew
- review and compare the ingredient labels of several food brands for a concerned cat parent
- fit a squirming dachshund with the perfect harness
- educate a sixth grader on bird ownership
- stock shelves and ring up neighbors' purchases
- feed all the furry pets and make sure their cages are spiffy
all while engaging with PSP neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you awesome? No, you are more than that. You're PAWsome!
A Pet Supplies Plus team member will likely do it all, but may specialize in any of the following areas:
- Processes neighbors' purchases with trustworthy accuracy and efficiency
- Provides Preferred Pet Club membership information to ensure neighbors don't miss any outstanding offers
- Safely unloads our delivery trucks using the proper equipment
- Stocks shelves to ensure Fido always gets his favorite chew toy and treats
- Carries bags of kibble, cat litter, aquariums and other purchases out to neighbors' cars
- Provides care for pets in our store, which may include cleaning habitats, feeding and handling the animals
- Answers neighbor's questions on animal care to help them find or maintain the perfect pet
The Store Team member position can be physically demanding, requiring heavy lifting (40-65 lbs) and standing for long periods of time. We support learning through our interactive Pet Degree pay-for-knowledge programs. PAWsome Store Team Members will:
- Support each other by acting as back-up when extra help is needed
- Be knowledgeable about animals and our products in order to provide outstanding neighborly service
- Be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- All candidates must pass a drug screening (in applicable states), and be 16 years or older.
Shift -not applicable-
Open Date 3/27/2019
Location PSP 92 - Medina, OH
About the Organization ABOUT PET SUPPLIES PLUS
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With over 400 locations in 33 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 49 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2017 Franchise 500 list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com
EOE Statement We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.