We create great places and the connections that get people and goods movingwhether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity Stantec's New York City office is seeking an Assistant Team Leader/Structural Engineer with 1 to 3 years of experience on inspection, structural evaluation and assessment of bridges, highway interchanges, roadway reconstruction, subway stations, railroad infrastructure, parking facilities, buildings and public spaces.
We are seeking an Assistant Team Leader to work on inspection projects for local agencies including NYSDOT, NYCDOT, PANYNJ, MTA Metro North Railroad, MTA LIRR, TBTA, and NYCT.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of relevant structural engineering of bridges and other transportation structures
- Provide inspection, structural evaluation and assessment
- Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer/designer
- Performs basic calculations using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Experience and training certifications with the following clients preferred: NYSDOT, NYCDOT, PANYNJ, MTA Metro North Railroad, MTA LIRR, TBTA, and NYCT.
Education and Experience Bachelors degree or equivalent in Structural Engineering or related field. Minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.