Student Information System Design Analyst - Student Information System JobID: 78165
+ + Position Type:
Professional/Technical/ Student Info Sys Dsgn Analyst
+ Date Posted:
Instructional Support Center
Job Code: Student Info Sys Dsgn Analyst - 020173 Standard Hours: 40 Department: Office of Data Governance - 282667 Empl Class: NA
Minimum Salary: $60,128.00/Annually
Maximum Salary: $89,515.00/Annually
Scheduled Days: 246
Target Openings: 1
License and Certification Qualifications: None Required.
Education Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field required.
Experience Qualifications: Three years of experience working with software applications to meet user needs required. Two years of experience working with Student Information System in the local school preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others; ability to analyze, design, and implement mission critical software solutions; ability to translate logic to solve application and operating system problems; excellent oral and written communication skills; high degree of skill in organization and problem-solving; ability to manage assigned projects; ability to analyze existing processes and identify areas for improvement; ability to act as a representative of Gwinnett County Public Schools; and ability to work across functional departments and support employees at all levels of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities: Analyze, design, and support all phases of core student information systems functionality such as enrollment, discipline, grading, scheduling, etc., investigate and evaluate existing and emerging technologies, consult with outside vendors in resolving complex modifications to vendor systems, and coordinate acceptance testing for upgrades to software and support school staff in the use of training of sytems/functionality.
1. Gather functional requirements and translate into technical requirements to ensure success of various special program projects.
2. Provide content area expertise to the technical teams in the area of Student Information System..
3. Design system tests, develop, document, and support Student Information System software testing, installation and upgrades, customization and maintenance projects, and data extract and import processes.
4. Act as the liaison with departments within the division and outside to ensure timely and effective integration of student information system data with interfacing systems.
5. Provide training support for division initiatives.
6. Work collaboratively to resolve product issues and identify enhancement requirements.
7. Maintain a high degree of technical expertise for all tiers of the GCPS Student Information System applications, relational databases, data management, and reporting tools.
8. Research application enhancements and assess impact of enhancements and upgrades on school and district processes.
9. Provide continuous quality improvement to departmental processes.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.